Sunday, February 26

Mini Stroke

When my mom has been diagnosed with mini stroke, I started looking for information on what is a mini stroke. Honestly i really do not know about this disease.

Mini Stroke - a transient ischemic attack (TIA) Apa ke menda laa perkataan ni? Lagi laa aku tak paham. Tu laa dulu tak nak belajar pandai-pandai boleh jadi doktor. Laa ni keluar term ischemic, aku dah gi cari kamus.

A transient ischemic attack (TIA) - is often described as a mini-stroke. Unlike a stroke, however, the symptoms can disappear within a few minutes. TIAs and strokes are both caused by a disruption of the blood vessels leading to the brain.
The blockage produces symptoms such as
  • sudden weakness or numbness on one side of the body (indeed my mom had sign like this)
  • sudden dimming or loss of vision
  • difficulty speaking or understanding speech.
If the symptoms are caused by a TIA, they last less than 24 hours and do not cause brain damage. Stroke-associated symptoms, on the other hand, do not go away and may cause brain damage or death. TIAs can serve as an early warning sign of stroke and require immediate medical attention.

My mom is stubborn. Did not want to see doctor, dislike hospital and don't want to take medicine. The first time my mom fell and diagnose with high blood pressure 2 months ago, she couldn't accept the fact. She said that she didn't suffer from high blood. Even though the doctor has confirmed my mom blood pressure reading up to 199/109, she still ignore it.

Last Tuesday night, I got the sms form my sis and bro that say my mom is in the emergency room. She difficulty in breathing, fell and numbness mouth and hand on left side.

She was admitted to hospital. She was whining all night in order to be allowed back. I did not respond. I asked her to sleep and rest. But she complaining all the night about the hospital, the bed, pillow, nurse and doctor. I knew she dislike hospital and create the various reason to discharge form the hospital.

Aiyoo...

No comments: